Saturday, October 23, 2010

Moms Are Like Glue

At the risk of sounding cliche, becoming a parent has changed everything in my life. And while it is all mostly for the better, the one thing I don't think I will ever get used to is not having sick days or time off. When you're a mother, you have to go and do and conquer. Despite how awful you feel, diapers still need to be changed, babies still need to be rocked and husbands (and babies) still need to eat. Mom has to pull it together, even when she feels like she is falling apart.

I feel like I am falling apart. I have had less than 5 hours of sleep for the past 3 nights and I am worn down. When I get this tired, my patience runs out and my housekeeping takes a back seat to everything. JD would have a fit if he came downstairs and saw the place. Before I had a child, I would just catch up on sleep during the day or take it easy until I felt rested. That is not an option now and I'm beginning to accept that it may never be. With JD working the night shift and sleeping during the day, I have to get up regardless of how little sleep I got the night before and press on. Beatrice slows down for no one.

It's not just being tired that is taking its toll on me, I have so much to do. Beatrice's party is a week from today and I have several projects started that need finishing. I have to finish the blanket that I am making her and pick out a cake. I have to finalize the menu and clean this house. I have to grocery shop and fold laundry. And because I'm so tired, I don't feel like doing any of it. My dining room table has looked like this for 3 days now:





























That's what 3 weeks of coupons look like. Don't get that behind, trust me. It is no fun.

JD has a cold and he is up in the bed feeling like crap. I don't mind that he gets to settle in until he feels better, but sometimes I wish I could take a day off to stay in bed and feel better. But I'm the mom. I've got to keep it together so we all don't fall apart.

You could make it all better by voting for the blog ;)



Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment