Saturday, July 2, 2011

It's Not So Bad

We got our new dishwasher. It's shiny and new and smells like plastic. I love it. We had it installed yesterday. Today, our dryer decided to stop heating. Our 2nd floor looks like this:

Thankfully, we bought an extended warranty on it, but the technician can't get out to check on it until later next week. Normally, this would make me mad. Normally, I would pout and ho and hum about how it was going to suck to not have a working drying. Normally, I would complain.

But I didn't do that today. I'm not upset or even put off by the lack of a working appliance. I have decided to be thankful for the things that are good. I'm thankful that we have an extended warranty and will not have to pay for this repair. I'm thankful that we have ceiling fans to air dry our clothes. I'm thankful that we are conserving electricity. I am thankful that even though this is inconvenient, we are blessed.

God has never left us without shelter, food, or clothes. The basic necessities of life have always been taken care of. But more than that, He has blessed us with so much more. I think it is important to thank Him for the abundance of what we do have instead of complain about the things that we don't. So that's what I'm doing. We aren't lacking an appliance, we are blessed and grateful for the things that we do have.

Dryers are for wusses anyway.

I'd be mighty obliged for your clicks.
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment