Tuesday, July 5, 2011

33 Weeks

Penelope will be here next month. I've been waiting awhile to be able to say that and I gotta tell you, it feels good. July 1st could not come soon enough so that I could finally say that my baby is due next month. How wonderful!

I remember saying that when I was pregnant with Beatrice. I did not have the same emotions then as I do now. I wasn't ready then. I didn't know what to expect or how hard it would be. I sort of dreaded being a month away from my due date because of the fear I had with having my first child. Now? I know how wonderful it is. And hard and exhausting and beautiful and worth it all. The next few weeks can't pass quickly enough. Next month, I'm having a baby!

Stats


Weight gain: Not posting until the end, but I will say that at my appointment last week, I had a lovely experience on a new scale. It's not over until the fat lady sings. I just hope I'm not the fat lady....
Stretch marks: Just the 1.
Movement: Tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons.....you get the idea.
Cravings: Ice. Icees. Shaved iced. Italian ices. Icicles. Ice pops. Ice water. Iceland. The Ice Age.
Sleep: Better than last week, still not great.
Best moment this week: Not going into preterm labor. I have been having regular contractions for a week now. The doctor is not concerned. I am freaked out by all of this uterine activity. I cried a little this weekend due to some scary contractions. Baby is fine. Mama is a nervous wreck.
Gender: Girly girl.
Labor signs: See above. Lots o' contractions. Lots. And lots and lots and lots and lots and lots. And lots.
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach. Or back. Just sleep, actually. I miss sleep, any way I can get it.
What I'm looking forward to: Next month :)
Weekly wisdom: God is in control of my uterus. And yours too. Except for the dudes. He's in control of other stuff for you. This is getting weird...
Milestones: Next month, Penelope will be here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment