Sunday, July 17, 2011

35/35

There are so many milestones in pregnancy. In 1st tri, you're waiting to hear the heartbeat for the first time. In 2nd tri, you can't wait to see that baby and find out the sex on the big ultrasound. There are the first kicks and movements to be documented. The first stranger comments about how big your belly is. The first baby shower. All big milestones leading the way for the final countdown. In 3rd tri, the 35 week mark is significant because there are only 35 days left until the due date. 35 weeks completed with only 35 days to go until baby time. Today, I am there.

With so few days left in this pregnancy, I am kinda sad it's almost over. I like being pregnant. I have complained about the discomforts that accompany carrying a baby, but I really do like the entire experience. I like my big belly. I like feeling her move all day and night. I like the excitement of wondering who this person growing inside of me is. I'm going to miss it when she's on the outside.

Stats


Weight gain: It's bad, y'all. I have pretty much given up on having any sort of self-control. I eat a lot of ice and drink tons of water, but in between all of that is a decent amount of cake and bread going into my belly and spreading to all different wobbly parts of my body. This part of pregnancy, the weight gain part? I'm ready for it to be over.
Stretch marks: Yes, no new ones since last week though. Thank the Lord Almighty.
Movements: Yep, although there seem to be less kicks and more big rolls lately. Methinks she is running out of room in there.
Cravings: Ice and dessert. I give in to each quite frequently.
Sleep: Getting worse. I'm up a lot. I need to pee a lot. My hips ache a lot.
Best moment this week: Hitting a very important milestone. 35/35 baby.
Gender: Girl.
Labor signs: None this week.
What I miss: Feeling like I had a little more time left to be pregnant with my sweet #2.
What I'm looking forward to: Getting our little space ready for our girls at my brother and sister in law's house. We brought over all of the baby gear today. I can't wait to make their spare bedrooms and my brother's man room "home" for the next 2 months.
Weekly wisdom: Despite all of the discomforts, pregnancy is such a special season that is over before you know it.
Milestones: 35 days left! Or less. 


A photo.

1 comment:

  1. You are so close and you have the cutest baby bump ever! :)

    ReplyDelete