Sunday, December 5, 2010

Favorite Things, Christmas Edition

I've always considered myself a connoisseur of life's finer things. I like fancy cheese, I see legs in my glass of wine, and I love a nice handbag. But sometimes life's finest things can be really expensive. So I decided to make a list of my favorite affordable holiday things. Kind of like Oprah. Except I won't be sending you home with all of my favorites and my list won't be as extravagant as hers, but fun nonetheless.

1. Holiday Shirts. My friend, Sarah makes darling baby and children's shirts using embroidery, fabric, and ribbons. They are super durable with the most precious designs for little people. Beatrice has several of her shirts, but the Christmas line is my favorite. Sarah is still taking orders for Christmas but only for a short while. Get over to her site now and order before she closes up shop for Christmas.














2. Snow. You can't buy this one, but if you live somewhere not really prone to December snow storms flurries like we do then you will appreciate it making it to the list. We have had fat snow flurries all morning that have left all of us wondering if it's going to stick.





























3. Cookie press. I love making Christmas goodies and cookies are everyone's favorite. Using a cookie press makes even the most ordinary sugar cookie recipe seem special because with all of the different discs, you can make intricate and dainty shapes. I got mine from Williams-Sonoma.




















4. Picnik. I love editing my photos using this free site. They offer several cool fonts and stickers to decorate your favorite photos with. It is super easy to use and did I mention it's free?! You could totally design your family's Christmas cards using this site. Ever wonder how I make some of the photos uniquely mine on the blog? Picnik, baby. 

5. OPI The Thrill of Brazil red nail polish. I like a good red polish for Christmas. This one rocks. I don't like pictures of feet but my toe nails are the only thing painted. I tried to make this particular photo of my feet festive by sticking my feet in the Christmas tree. JD said, "what on earth are you doing?" It's sad that all I have to say these days is "blog" and he understands. Internet Psychos, please don't do anything gross with this picture of my feet. 





























6. Pink decor. I love our outdoor lights this year. Nothing says Christmas like a pink flamingo and pink candy canes. We got ours at Target.






































7. Satellite Christmas music. I'm pretty serious about my holiday tunes and since I only get to hear it once a year, I don't want any commercials getting in my way. That's why I love listening to satellite radio. JD has Sirius and I have XM and both play nonstop, no interruption classic and contemporary Christmas music on channel 4. Check it out.

8. Shutterfly photo cards. They ran a promotion for bloggers last month to promote their fabulous Christmas cards. If you wrote a blog about their designs, they would give you 50 free photo Christmas cards. At first I felt like a bit of a douche touting their wares without some sort of sponsorship, but for 50 free cards I went through with it. AND I found the perfect card to compliment our odd outfit combo of red and pink. They are scheduled to arrive this week so I can't wait to share them with you. And for only $7.99 (the cost of shipping), I think I'd love them even if they weren't so darn cute.

9. Pottery Barn monogrammed sheets. These sheets have been on my Christmas wish list for a few years now. After I got married, I became obsessed with monogramming everything. What can I say, I like bearing my man's name, or initial. We finally got a set similar a few months ago when my mother surprised us with new bedding, but these sweet little red dots would be perfect during Christmas.


































Photo courtesy of Pottery Barn.


10. Gold Canyon Christmas Presence candle. This may be my most favorite candle scent ever. It is citrusy and spicy and yummy. After I had Beatrice, my head explodes into a migraine every time I smell something too strong, but this candle doesn't bother me. Be prepared to fall in love.

Merry Christmas!

Disclaimer: These are solely my opinions on the awesome things of the Season. I was not paid to endorse any of the items I have showcased in this blog. I'm just sharing the love, holiday style. 

1 comment:

  1. Such a great list! I have never used a cookie press.. I think I need to try one out!

    ReplyDelete