Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer Has Arrived

Today I blew up an inflatable pool and filled it with water from the backyard hose so my baby girl could swim, naked of course.



















It is officially summertime and we have been soaking up the sun, planting flowers and taking really hot and sweaty walks to the park.

























I have not had a summer off since I was in high school. This year is different. It is my first summer home in over 13(ish) years and my baby's first summer ever. It is going to be great, I can feel it. 



















We don't have any huge plans, our vacation has already commenced so we will be close to home for the duration of the season. This little water baby loves to swim so we will be jumping into pools as much as we can. 

Summertime is like Christmas; most everyone looks forward to it all year long. These 3 hot months seem to be the center of the whole year. You plan the perfect vacation months in advance and count down the days until school is finally out so the fun can begin. The countdown began right after Christmas break when we were growing up. Somehow summertime brings out the kid in everyone. I like it.   

Everything big seems to happen during the summer. I had my first kiss during the summer. Well, technically my first "kiss" was in 6th grade on the stairs by my classroom. He licked my face. There were no lips involved, just his tongue licking my face. I don't consider this a real kiss, but I digress... I got my first job in the summer. I moved into my first apartment, I fell in love with JD, I was a newlywed, and I was pregnant during the summer. 



















Things just seem brighter in the summer. I can't wait to share Beatrice's first summer with trips to the zoo, swim lessons, lightning-bug-in-mason-jar night lights, and grilling out with family. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.



















That wasn't quite what I was going for....this is more like it.



















Enjoy your summer!




1 comment:

  1. So much fun!! I just bought My son a little baby pool and I can't wait to get him in it!!

    ReplyDelete