Thursday, July 12, 2012

You're Welcome, Taste Buds

My favorite flavors in the world are garlic and onions. I like them combined, I like them on their own, I like them mixed in with other foods. The bolder they taste, the better. Lucky JD. Even if a recipe doesn't call for them, I usually add them anyway. Everything tastes better when it's garlicky! I am all about some garlic and onions.

The other night I tried a new recipe, grilled chicken pineapple quesadillas. I was pretty stoked about trying grilled pineapple, but more excited about making (and eating) my own batch of pico de gallo. Dinner was a big hit, but the pico? Oh the pico! It was the single best condiment I've ever put in my mouth. In true fashion, I added way more garlic than was called for and it was amazeballs.

Since then, I've been eating it on everything. Quesadillas, turkey wraps, rice, tacos, and scrambled eggs. If loving pico de gallo is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Pico de Gallo


2 tomatoes, diced
1 onion, diced
3 or 4 cloves of garlic, diced
a big bunch of fresh cilantro leaves
Salt
Pepper
Juice of 1 lime

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and let sit for an hour (or more). Give it a stir before serving.






































The longer this stuff sits in its garlicky-limey-oniony-tomatoey juices, the more flavorful it's gonna get. Go forth and make pico! Your taste buds will thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I just pinned this! I am so craving garlic & onions right now!

    ReplyDelete