Thursday, July 19, 2012

Today

I've had a really bad day today. I wanted to write about how I got stood up by the Orkin man for the second time this week after waiting around for 2 hours for him to show. I wanted to write about how not awesome it is when your baby refuses to nap while you pace the floors for an appointment that isn't going to happen. I wanted to write about how Beatrice has defied every single thing I've said to her today and how impatient I've been with her. I wanted to write about how when we finally did leave the house to meet friends, we were late and I had a near meltdown on the phone with JD. I wanted to write about how when we came home, tired and hot, we found our house had been intruded upon so we had to pile back into my car, tired and hot, while we waited on the police. I wanted to write about how the intruder was actually the Orkin man who was let in by our landlord, even after we requested to be home for all appointments. I wanted to write about how the Orkin man never sprayed for spiders because there were toys on the floor, left there because I thought he stood me up for the second time and I never imagined he'd ever be in our house without us there. I wanted to write about how much I hate the Orkin man and spiders and our landlord. But I don't want to focus on the negative.

Somewhere in the middle of my bad day, we went to the beach. It was hot and crowded, I was loaded down like a pack mule, the bad day was still happening all around me, but for 2 hours I didn't care.







































The baby is screaming, it is stifling in our house, and I have no idea what we're having for dinner, but I don't want to write about that. I want to write about the 2 good hours we had today.

1 comment:

  1. oh girl, sorry that all sounds like one bad day :( if it makes you feel any better we woke up this morning to discover my car had been stolen. right out of our driveway while we slept. not good either, but i did pray and tell God thank you for protecting us and only letting it be the car. at least it's replaceable. even though i loved it, it had sofia's carseat, stroller, my hobo purse and a few other things. sigh. it's just crazy! well, here's to us BOTH having a much better day, and days, ahead of us!!!

    ReplyDelete