Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I Miss A Lot Of Things

I miss my friends.
I miss my family.
I miss Tennessee.
I miss winter.
I miss my church.
I miss my hairdresser.
I miss my grocery store.
I miss knowing where to find the balsamic vinegar in my grocery store.
I miss knowing where all the back roads lead to.
I miss knowing where the good shopping is.
I miss seeing familiar places.
I miss strangers saying hi. No one does that here.
I miss my mom's comfy kitchen chair.
I miss my mother in law's cordon bleu.
I miss Sonic's Route 44 cherry limeades.
I miss Cracker Barrel's biscuits and blackberry preserves.
I miss long weekends in Gatlinburg cabins with my brothers and sisters in law and Brandon and Kristen.
I miss Mafiaoza's pizza.
I miss the south.
I miss public squares.
I miss historic Main Streets.
I miss cousins and aunts and uncles.
I miss my Nana.
I miss being invited to friends' houses for Super Bowl parties/dinners/just because.
I miss feeling rooted somewhere.
I miss my old life.

I am still in denial.

No comments:

Post a Comment