Wednesday, February 29, 2012

3 Steps To Perfect







































I like coffee. Everything about it is appealing to me: the way it smells, the way it tastes, the effect it has on me. Sipping a hot cup of joe is the best way to start the day.

I have been drinking coffee for years, but my perfect cup has evolved during that time. I started out drinking very little coffee at all. It was mostly milk and sugar. Mmmm. As my taste for coffee changed, so did my cup. Nowadays, I like real cream and bold coffee with a wee bit of sugar. I have learned that it takes at least 3 steps to achieve the perfect cup.

Step 1. Pour hot, black coffee into a mug with half an inch of real cream. Stir in a wee bit of sugar. Drink half of it.
Step 2. Pour more hot, black coffee into the mug. Drink half of it.
Step 3. Pour more hot, black coffee into the mug. Drink all of it.

It takes at least 3 half refills to achieve the perfect blend of creamy, semi-sweet, blackish coffee. Why don't I just reduce the cream and sugar to make the perfect cup the first time? Well, I like how it starts out creamy and rich, gradually getting bolder and blacker. Plus, I like drinking 3 cups of coffee each morning. Drinking coffee this way is the best. How do you take yours?

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny! I just drink mine black, easy peasy. Did you completely give it up while pregnant? I've just been limiting myself to 2-3 cups per week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm eating a dairy-free diet right now while I'm still breastfeeding and have learned to love very sweet, cream-less coffee. My mug is black with 2 Splenda. Mmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete