Monday, August 8, 2011

38 Weeks


I’m really surprised I haven’t had this baby yet. After all of the moving and yard sale-ing and unpacking I’ve been doing, my uterus has been working in overdrive. Not to mention, I just feel childbirthy. I feel like I could give birth at any moment. Hopefully, there will be somewhat of a small warning before that happens. 

Stats
Weight gain: I’m back to not telling you this portion of my pregnancy progress. Let’s just say there’s a good chance I will be gaining 10 lbs in 2 weeks. Or more. Eating donuts and pizza all weekend will do that to you. 
Stretch marks: Yes. And I hate them. 
Movement: Yes. Most of them hurt since she is a big girl fetus now, but I’m trying to savor the last few weeks of feeling my baby from the inside while I can. 
Cravings: Salad, water, fruit. No more starchy carbs for a long time. 
Sleep: This is going to be a blog topic for the duration of our stay at my brother’s. JD and I are sharing a double bed. We came from a King. 2 tall, lanky people, 1 great with child, sharing a tiny bed makes for terrible sleep. That’s all I have to say about that. For now. 
Best moment this week: Getting moved and settled. Now we’re ready to have a baby!
Gender: Girl. 
Labor signs: Yes, yes, yes. Lots of labor signs. I’m thinking I will have her by the weekend. We shall see....
What I miss: Internet service. This is harder than I thought it would be. 
What I’m looking forward to: Late night feedings, swirly tops of baby heads, tiny toes, gowns, and all of the things that come along with newborns. 
Weekly wisdom: Internet service is vital to life. I will be purchasing a wireless card this week. 
Milestones: We’re ready and waiting. Come on Penelope!

I'm huge. This is what happens to me in late pregnancy. Take heed and stay away from cake, fellow pregnant mamas. 

3 comments:

  1. Haha you look great, I cant believe you are so close to meeting her!

    Also...wherever you are delivering has WIFI right? Cause I totally cant wait to open up my good reader and see a 'meet Penelope' post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gorgeous! Seriously! And please get a wireless card so I know when Penelope comes:-) I need some more natural birthing stories for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wireless card will be here on Thursday! Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete