Monday, September 27, 2010

Pancakes

Have you ever met someone or a family that made something regularly that seemed pretty special-occasion to you? Like finding out your neighbor makes homemade ice cream every Sunday or your sister in law makes creme brulee on the regular. Scrambled eggs were like that for me. My mom never made them growing up but my best friend's mom made them every weekend. I thought that was amazing.

It's always so interesting to find out what special thing people make that seems so extravagant to me. What is worth digging through the pots and pans to find the butter warmer that would never see the light of day in my kitchen to someone else? What treat is a regular at one person's house that requires time consuming prep work that I would never do?

Pancakes are our regular indulgence. I never remember making them growing up. When JD and I got married and he asked for them all the time I thought, "whoa buddy, that's a lot of special to be had more than once a month." But we made them every weekend. And now that Beatrice is here and eating what we eat, we make them several times a week. They're our special-we-don't-care-how-many-dishes-that-cannot-go-in-the-dishwasher have to be washed, we're making pancakes because we love them.













































This morning we had these. And they were delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment