Monday, May 23, 2011

Third Trimester

I think I suffer from body dysmorphic disorder. But the reverse kind where I look in the mirror and think, "I look pretty darn good, hot even." Until I see photos like this and reality shatters my dream world. Hot I am not. Pregnant I am.






































I think I'm so convinced I look better than I do because I feel so good right now. I have been listening to my body and not gorging myself on cravings. I stop eating when I'm full because hello, I'm a responsible adult. Duh! And maybe because the heartburn/reflux is not worth whatever delicious thing I want to indulge in... No gorging equals no weight gain in 3 weeks. And no heartburn. If I can maintain this kind of restraint for 1 more week, this will mark a new pregnancy landmark for me. I am determined. You know, so I can keep the heartburn away. It has nothing to do with vanity. Nothing at all.

Stats


Weight gain: Total from the beginning, 22 lbs. No new gain in 3 weeks. It's some kind of miracle, I promise.
Stretch marks: Nope.
Movement: Lots and lots. And hiccups too! I felt Penelope's first bought of the rhythmic nuisance today. Swoon. I should write it in her baby book...
Cravings: I don't really know. I haven't given in to too many in the last week so maybe I'm not having any?
Sleep: Eh. Not so good. Last night I migrated to the couch around 5am. Partly because insomnia is a stupid-head meanie-butt, but mostly because sleeping with JD is a real adventure. Between the snoring and INCESSANT restless leg syndrome, sleeping with him is like sharing a bed with a lumberjack (get it? Sawing logs...) during an earthquake. Add sciatic nerve pain and an exhausted less than hot body and you get a very grumpy wife. Lucky for him I forgot all about it by the time he came down with Beatrice late this morning. With coffee. Coffee makes it all better.
Best moment this week: Third trimester, baby.
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: I have been having some painful cramping. I think I'm overdoing it a bit. Must. Slow. Down.
What I miss: A hot(ish) body.
What I'm looking forward to: My Skype interview with the midwife practice I'm very interested in joining up with in California. I am elated to discuss/experience natural childbirth with like-minded practitioners.
Weekly wisdom: Trust that God's plan is way better than yours/mine.
Milestones: Third trimester and baby's first hiccups. We've had a big week!

A photo:






















Another photo, this time straight on to show you how un-pregnant I think I look from this view and further exemplify how deluded I am. I see this and think, " girl, you don't look pregnant at all." Except for that HUGE third trimester belly protruding from my mom boobs. Deluded, I tell ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment