Sunday, May 15, 2011

News With A Side Of Random Things

Last week when I wrote this, I failed to mention just how stressful it has been planning this move. It seems as though every step in the process depends on another step and until the original step is accomplished, we cannot progress to the remaining steps. Basically, it's been very frustrating and I may have been feeling a little sorry for myself a few times here and there. And with time ticking away, it's kind of important to complete some of those steps. Know whatta mean?

While I secretly want to be plotting the best shopping spots and beaches, our first step has been finding a place to live. We have certain things on our wish list, but ultimately we have to find a place that is safe, close to JD's work, and in our budget. Until that step is completed, I can't line up pediatricians and obstetricians (L.A. is vast and 30 miles of distance can compute to 2 hours of travel time. I need to know where we will be living in order to know what doctors will be close), I can't research churches, I can't secure insurance, etc, etc, etc. And finding a house has not been difficult, I have found many, but the searching has been overwhelming since we are basically doing it blindly without really knowing where these properties are and how safe the areas are. I finally told JD that we just need to decide and be done with it.

So, after a lot of prayer (a lot), we have finally secured a house. What do hardwood floors, Spanish tiles, harbor views, and 2200 square feet have to do with this post? Well, nothing. Except that they're the specs on our new crib! Woot woot. And before you get all green with envy at the harbor views, the rent is a bajillion dollars a month so don't be too jealous. 3 times what we currently pay, FYI. Ouch. It feels good to have the biggest and most crucial step out of the way. Now, hopefully, all of the other steps will easily fall into place and this move can go ahead and get planned already. I can't give you any specific details of exactly where we'll be living because of internet psychos, but I'm sure I'll post photos when we get settled. 

In other news....

Ooey gooey butter cake is going to be the end of me.































Except that I ate what was left tonight and am seriously considering making another one tomorrow.

And also...

The pool is open.










































































































Beatrice took her nap on my shoulder today. It was precious. All 13 minutes of it...





























I may or may not have polished off the Mother's Day candy today...






































And I'm mildly obsessed with the Vignette photo app on my phone.

The end.

1 comment:

  1. I really like what you did to the photo's.. :)

    At least I was not the only one that indulged in Mother's Day Candy.. :)

    I can't image moving that far not pregnant much less pregnant.. Hopefully things start working and evening out and you are so stressed..

    ReplyDelete