Sunday, May 15, 2011

26 Weeks

Having a toddler and being pregnant is really hard. I knew to expect this, but I didn't realize how limited I would be with this big belly. I can hardly find room on my hip for a long, 23 lb body anymore and my lap is shrinking by the day. Bath time is beginning to pose several problems since there is lots of bending required and putting Beatrice to bed is nearly impossible without dropping her in the crib. My belly is the exact height as the crib ledge and since the mattress is so low (she's a monkey), it's kind of impossible to not just dump her in there every night. Let's not even talk about the wrestling matches that are getting Beatrice dressed and changed several times a day. I can't get off the couch without JD hoisting me up or me rolling off. Saying my belly is cumbersome is the understatement of the year. But this is part of it, and only a short part. Right?

Stats

Weight gain: I have been walking our neighborhood a lot this week so I hope not more than the 22 I've gained thus far, but based on the tightness in my bra it's probably another couple hundred pounds. Sigh.
Stretch marks: Nope.
Movement: Tons and tons. She never stops. I'm loving it, but also a little worried that this is an indication of what she's going to be like on the outside. Gulp. With a toddler to boot. Double gulp. 
Cravings: Fruit and vegetables. And water. And cake, shhhhhh.
Sleep: Wonderful, glorious, fabulous, restful sleep. Keep it coming. 
Best moment this week: Receiving some new things for our Nell-la-pee. I'll share them with you soon.
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: None.
What I miss: Dexterity.
What I'm looking forward to: Having Penelope on the outside, endless activity and all. 
Weekly wisdom: Despite not having the same range of movement that my slenderer self had, I can still do a heck of a lot around here if I just press on and do it. Darn it. 
Milestones: There are less than 100 days left of this pregnancy. 

Where are my feet?





























Self portraits require a lot of concentration. And a bathroom backdrop. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I totally forgot how hard it was to get Marco in the crib with my belly. I couldn't even bend over to touch his face by the end! And I never even got that big. Imagine... you've got 14 weeks to go! Oh boy!

    ReplyDelete