Sunday, February 13, 2011

Second Trimester

Hello world. I am still alive. The flu did not take me out, thankfully. My K genes prevailed and I barely survived kicked influenza's caboose to the curb. The last 2 days have been the first in over a week that I actually felt alive and attempted to stay awake for the entire day. The flu is behind me, and for that I am grateful.

Our littlest one is trucking along too. We saw the little baby for the first time last week during the NT scan. "It" is doing just fine, growing and kicking and being a good little fetus. See for yourself.



























This week marks the beginning of the second trimester. This pregnancy has flown by compared to last time. Having a toddler does that. My belly has grown this week. A lot. I know this week's bump growth is not a food baby because I have been living on cereal and chicken soup all week. Food babies require cheeseburgers and pizza and cake to really thrive, know what I mean? This bump is all human baby.

Stats

Weight gain: Maybe a pound but I only weighed once this week fully clothed WITH boots on. That is a cardinal sin in the get-on-the-scale world. My only excuse was that I was sick and simply didn't care about my clothes and shoes adding a few extra el bees on the scale.
Stretch marks: None.
Movement: I'm 95% sure that those bubbles in my belly are that sweet baby up there.
Cravings: None. Other than health. I just crave health for the rest of my life.
Sleep: Meh. Sick sleep is the worst. I need some good sleep this week pleaseandthankyou.
Best moment of the week: Seeing the little guy/girl on the ultrasound AND getting the good test results back.
Gender: I want a girl. I think it's a boy.
Labor signs: Nope.
Belly button situation: In.
What I miss: My True Religion jeans. They fit a few weeks ago. Not so much now. I'm reacquainted with my old friends, jeggings.
What I am looking forward to: Wearing maternity clothes. I'm ready to rock this bump.
Weekly wisdom: Flu or not, it is so important to take care of your body and treat it well.
Milestones: 2nd trimester baby!

Here's a picture for your viewing pleasure.

1 comment: