Sunday, February 27, 2011

Coq Au Vin

I have not really cooked dinner in a month. I had the flu for 2 weeks and finally overcame all of that morning sickness mess but truthfully, I just haven't felt like cooking. Poor JD hasn't had a decent, warm meal prepared by his wife in so long, I thought I would make him something fancy tonight: coq au vin. I used this recipe.

First, chop the bacon.


























Brown it in a dutch oven. Dutch oven, hehehe.


















































Season and flour the chicken and brown in the bacon drippings.



















































Add the veggies to the pan drippings and cook until tender.



















































Add everything back into the Dutch oven along with wine and all other ingredients. Simmer.


























Cover and cook in the oven for 40 minutes. Play with a baby girl until the timer goes off.






































































































Serve over rice and wow your poor, starving husband.

3 comments:

  1. Looks yum but I'll just take all the bacon. please? I love bacon. too much. I think. is that possible?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy would my hubs like that and it looks pretty easy to make. Thank you for the idea.

    ReplyDelete