Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sucking At Life Really Sucks

I have sucked at being a wife this past week. In fact, I have sucked at life in general. I don't feel good. It's a mixture of stomach issues and fatigue and everyday around 3 o'clock, I hit a wall and cannot continue on with my day anywhere but from the couch. This would be okay if I didn't have a baby that is into everything and a husband that is hungry every night around the same time.

Last week, I didn't cook a single night. On Sunday night, I had big plans to make something worthy of a cold Sunday night dinner, but as soon as the Papa John's commercial came on, I ordered a pizza instead. This was before my full fledged commitment to eating healthier so please don't judge me. I couldn't bring myself to cook dinner that night or any other night if I continued to feel the way that I did. On Monday morning I realized that I had to come up with a plan if we were going to eat for the rest of the week. I came up with the perfect solution: I was going to invite us over to all of our families' houses for dinner for the week. Brilliant if I do say so myself.

I called my mother in law on Monday morning and invited us over for dinner ran my plan by her. She obliged and made us a feast. We took leftovers home and things were looking good for the rest of the week. My scheme was quickly halted when my family declined my invitation to their homes. Hmmmph. It was either cook myself or starve. So I did the next best thing to cooking and heated up leftovers and ate cereal. Let's just say JD had a lot of sandwiches last week. By the end of the week, JD wasn't even making sandwiches anymore. He went to work early a few nights to "do paperwork," but I think he just wanted to grab some dinner that wasn't contained by sliced bread and served on napkins.

I still feel like crap. But yesterday I made a meal plan for the week and went to the grocery store. Tonight I made world's best lasagna. It took forever but it was the best lasagna we've ever had. In the world. I have a plan for a hot dinner every night this week. JD is thrilled, but a little skeptical. He says he'll believe it when he sees it. No matter how awful I feel, I am committed to making my husband dinner every night this week with a minimum of 1 leftover meal served. Sucking at life is not an option anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment