Friday, June 14, 2013

Nice To See You Too

I love nap time. It's a nice 2 to 3 hour break from the girls in the middle of the day for me to clean, prep dinner, and sew/crochet/online shop. I think most stay at home moms appreciate the break that nap time provides and relish the time apart, however they choose to spend it.

After my break though, I'm ready to see my babies. I bound up the stairs at the first signs of stirring from their rooms, ready to welcome them with snuggles and snacks. I can't wait to hold them and hear all about their dreams. Every single day though, I'm greeted with this:



























A really grumpy girl who's not as happy to see me as I am to see her.



























She wakes up crying and continues to do so for another 20 minutes. "Do you want a snack? Did you poop? Did you have a bad dream? Do you want me to rock you?" I prod her for answers, but all she does is cry and say, "back to bed." When I put her back in the bed, she flips out.

I hold her.


























She hates it.


























Is it me? I'm beginning to take it personally...

















































1 comment:

  1. hahaa! No, it's not you. Sofia does this more than not. I totally don't get it either. I try everything to make her happy and that is what I get too. It's funny though cause she looks just like Penelope!!!! Even the cry. Crazy! Anyway, I feel your pain :)

    ReplyDelete