Saturday, June 1, 2013

Handmade

I make things. I can sew and crochet and through these hobbies, I make lots of things. When I'm invited to a baby shower, you can guarantee I will be giving handmade gifts.



























I give a lot of baby blankets.





















































Hats.


























Headbands.


























Burp cloths.






































And onesies. See? I make lots of things.

My new favorite baby shower gift is bibs. I make them with soft, thick fleece backing and funky prints.



















































I always feel a bit nervous when giving someone a handmade gift. Will they think it's too cheap or old-fashioned? Do they even like crocheted hats or appliqued onesies? Turns out, most people love one of a kind gifts.





























We had a surprise baby shower for my sweet friend a few weeks ago and I went back and forth on purchasing a gift or making one. I ended up doing both, but the handmade gifts were definite favorites. That made me feel really happy.

I love making stuff, but I really love making stuff that people love. Consider buying a handmade gift for your next baby shower here.

1 comment:

  1. I think handmade stuff is the BEST especially when it's as cute as the stuff you make :) What a wonderful gift you have with your hands!!! And your heart!

    ReplyDelete