Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year

I don't typically make New Year's resolutions. I like to make a few goals for the coming year to keep things moving in my life. This year I have a really long list that I'd like to commit to. Things like being a servant to others, pouring into teaching my girls about God, walking closer with Him and cultivating a deeper relationship than I've ever had. Have you ever just wanted to be with God? I totally do this year. I also want to flex my cooking muscles and branch out on the typical things we eat. I want to be more involved with our community and get the girls involved in more group activities. I want to make more time for the beach. We live so close, for goodness sakes! And I want to take the time to enjoy little luxuries, like really good coffee in Beverly Hills and cheap pedicures once in awhile. I want to be a better hostess and open my home to friends more often. I want to run long distances again. I want to make more time to sew and crochet and be crafty to my little heart's desire. I want to be a really good friend to a few more people, instead of being a really good friend to 1 or 2. I want to become a better time manager and a better housekeeper. And I want to simplify and clean up and purge the unneeded, unwanted things in my life. Basically, I want to rock 2013. 






































I usually get in a funky mood after taking all the Christmas decorations down because my house seems so empty without the tree and twinkling lights, but this year I'm glad to see it go. I don't know what it is, but I have a strong desire to clean up and purge the unneeded, unwanted things in my life. 

I actually started my clean up initiative before the New Year. I have been cleaning out closets and toy bins and donating, eBaying, and repurposing for the past few weeks. I just feel the need to release the crap, you know?

I'm excited about the New Year and the challenges and adventures ahead. I'm glad to see the holidays packed away until next December. I'm ready to rock 2013! And drink more fancy lattes. 

1 comment:

  1. Love all of these!! And have quite a few of the same goals on my list!! With becoming closer with God being number one, could not do this mama gig without Him!!

    ReplyDelete