Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Things

We have made the most of our December with trips to Candy Cane Lane to see the lights, decorating every square inch of our house, and keeping warm by the fire. I love this month. I love all things twinkling and sparkly and merry. Give me cookies, candy canes, and hot cider! I love Christmas and I'm raising little girls who love it too. We've packed in so much this month, I don't want it to end!







































































































1 - 5. Candy Cane Lane. This was JD's first year to go, it's a California Christmas tradition.
6. Advent calendars from Germany.
7. So many presents, I beg JD to let us open one each night. He's a Scrooge.
8. Homemade burlap wreath on our front door next to our wood pile. Side note: firewood is expensive in California. A fire costs us around $10.
9. I wrap my own presents while JD is at work.
10. We've used the Christmas china everyday since Black Friday.
11. She loves this time of year and knows all the words to dozens of Christmas songs.
12. While the family watches Christmas movies before bed, she plays games on my phone.
13. I skipped last year's Christmas cards. I thought we would skip this year too, but I had a burst of creativity last week and changed my mind.
14 - 15. JD and I manufactured quite possibility the worst light display outside our house in the history of Christmas light displays. I love it!
16. I scored this $10 advent calendar at TJ Maxx yesterday.
17. Last night was really cold so we splurged and built a $10 fire that lasted about 2 hours.
18. I mastered the Christmas light bokeh.

No comments:

Post a Comment