Monday, December 2, 2013

DIY Burlap Runner

A lot of my friends are really crafty. They make jewelry, paint, and have a houseful of handmade trinkets. I always tell them how I wish I could be crafty like them, but I'm just not. Then I remember that I crochet and sew, I just might be crafty!

Recently I was shopping for a new Christmasy runner for my dining room table. I couldn't find anything that I liked or that was in my budget, so I decided I would make one. Burlap was on sale and SALE is always in the budget, so I bought it and decided to jazz it up with stencils and paint.


























Materials:

2 yards of burlap
Stencil
Metallic acrylic paint
Sponge paint dauber
Newspaper
Tape
Paper towels

I cut the burlap in half lengthwise, covered the table with newspaper, and placed the burlap on top. I taped the stencil to the burlap and daubed the paint onto the cutouts. I cleaned the stencil with a paper towel each time I repositioned it because the burlap fibers would get stuck to the stencil and the paint wouldn't transfer as well. It was pretty easy and took me less than an hour to make.








































I pulled a few fibers to fray the edges and voila! Easy DIY burlap runner.





























I want to make a gold dot one next. I'm so glad I'm crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment