Wednesday, October 3, 2012

3 Weeks

I just got home from a 3 week trip to Tennessee. It was great spending time with my family, but let me tell you, 3 weeks is a long time to be away from home.






































We spent the majority of our time at my mom's house. We only had use of her car here and there when she wasn't using it. So we took a lot of walks up and down her driveway checking out the cows and farm dogs. It was no surprise that Penelope's first animal sounds were moo and woof. 3 weeks is a long time to be stuck in the country without a car.





























3 weeks is also a long time to sleep in someone else's bed. My mom and her family like hard mattresses. JD and I like soft mattresses. The bed that I slept on while I was there was like sleeping on a concrete slab. Everything on my body hurt. My neck, back, and shoulders were sore everyday. 3 weeks is a long time to long for your bed.






































This is the longest voluntary separation JD and I have had. I honestly didn't realize how much I missed him until I saw him waiting for us at the gate at LAX. I ran to him! Our girls screamed when they saw him. It was awesome. 3 weeks is a long time to be away from daddy.

It kind of sounds like I'm complaining - I'm not. The girls and I had a great trip and spent much needed time with our family. It was just a long time to be gone.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I don't even know how you did it! Was just away from J.R. for 7 whole days (the longest time since 1994!!!!!!) and we were dying after 12 hours! You are right, it's not complaining cause time away and creating memories is so important too...but time as our own little families is soooooo important and it makes you realize that. It was wonderful to see you and the girls and I'm glad you are safely back home in the arms of your other half :)

    ReplyDelete