Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekday Adventure: Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch



























Last year when we first moved here, I begged JD to take us to Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch. It is the pumpkin patch to the stars. Heidi Klum was there a few weeks ago along with a bunch of other celebrities and their kids. It never worked out last year, so this year I was determined to go.


























My friend and I took a drive to West Hollywood this morning to check it out. We wore our best fall outfits, we psyched our kids up about the fun activities, and we just knew we'd see a celebrity. It was going to be so much fun.

When we got there, it was not as awesome as I imagined it would be. I think I was expecting it to be a true pumpkin patch. In Tennessee, the patches are on actual farms with acres and acres of pumpkins, rides, and activities. Mr. Bones is the size of a small parking lot.


























Despite its size, there were fun things for the kids to do. There was a bounce house, a giant slide, petting zoo, and hay maze. We were practically the only ones there (no celebrities, boo) so our kids pretty much had the run of the place. It was great for us mamas to not worry about our little ones getting lost.





























We don't celebrate Halloween and steer clear of scary things in general so our girls are not accustomed to seeing images of ghosts and skeletons and vampires. Mr. Bones is full of giant paintings and pictures of scary stuff. I didn't know this until we got there or else we wouldn't have come. Beatrice was totally freaked out and kept burying her face in my leg. Thankfully her friend kept her mind off of it. He actually said, "Beatrice, if we get scared, we can pray to God." I love him. 



The kids had fun and we did too. I think my expectations were a little high, but all in all it was a really nice (tiny) pumpkin patch with just enough stuff for the kids to do. I'm glad I finally got to check it out.





No comments:

Post a Comment