Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Hi

Oh, hi!

It's been 2 months since I've last posted and now it feels weird just popping on without some sort of explanation for my absence. The problem is, I don't really have one. I intended to take a small break from blogging after Christmas, but a week turned into 4, then 8, and I sort of lost the desire to continue on here.

Sometime last month I set out to delete the whole thing. I didn't feel relevant and I was tired of making my blog something it is not. I didn't like anything I was posting and everything I wrote felt stale. I couldn't delete it though. All of the stories and photos? That's our life and I didn't want to erase any of it.

The kind of blogger that I am makes me feel weird though. I'm never going to be the super inspirational blogger or the cool mommy blogger, I blog about nothing! What's my purpose on the internet?!! But I realized that's okay, I don't read those kinds of blogs anyway. The blogs I read are just like mine: random, normal, and pretty ordinary. So I decided that I am going to blog because I like blogging. I don't have to put myself in a box.

So here I am, I guess I'm back. I can't guarantee that I'll post with any sort of frequency or that I will have anything awesome to contribute to the blogosphere, but the hiatus is over. I may never inspire a single one of you, but that's okay with me. That can be some other blogger's job. I just want to write about fruit and my hair and post pictures of my kids being awesome.

Is that cool with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment