Thursday, March 6, 2014

Grapefruit Revolutionized

I'll be 32 in 2 weeks. This post is not about aging though, it's about fruit. For 30-something years, I have been eating fruit the wrong way. Mainly, grapefruit. This cannot go on!


























My entire life, I have always cut the grapefruit in half, cut along the triangles, and spooned each fruity bite. (Like the photo above). This has been a perfectly fine way to eat grapefruit, but it is messy and time consuming. Plus, I never felt like I ate all of the fruit. There always seemed to be some pulpy bits stuck inside my triangle cuts that I could never spoon out.

Then one day last week, I saw a picture of a salad with grapefruit wedges. A lightbulb went off inside my head and my grapefruit eating has been revolutionized ever since.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PEEL THE FRUIT!!































Peel the thick outer skin, separate the wedges, remove the membranes, and eat! It's so easy and nothing is wasted. All of the fruit and all of the juice (my favorite part) is consumed this way.

This is probably not a huge news flash, you may be smarter than me and have been eating grapefruit this way your whole life. That's awesome, you are my fruit consuming hero. Me? I have wasted way too many years eating it the wrong way and I won't waste another one! I haven't been this excited about fruit since I discovered I have been opening pomegranates the wrong way, but that's another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment