Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Remembering

The hardest thing about living in California is being so far away from our family. Every time I talk to my mom on the phone, she always asks me if Beatrice remembers her. I assure her no one is going to forget anyone and Beatrice talks about Mimi several times a day (the truth).

After our trip home in March, I wanted to make sure my girls had some tangible way to remember our family. So I made them a photo book with tons of photos of their grandparents, great-grandmother, aunts and uncles, and cousins. 


























Under each picture, I wrote a little something about that family member to help my girls remember them. Uncle Seth has hairless cats, Aunt Mar-Marsh likes to give moochies, Uncle Grant has moose antlers on his hearth. 


























I made it really colorful and filled it with photos of everyone we love and miss so if the girls ever do forget anyone, they have something fun to remind them. 


























The girls really enjoy looking through it and it has become a favorite at bedtime. 




















































So no more worrying about being forgotten, family. We look at you and remember you often.

No comments:

Post a Comment