I basically made a pattern out of my favorite pj pants. I laid them on my fabric and drew around the shape of the folded pants, allowing extra room for seams, hems, and waistband.
I cut out 4 leg panels and sewed them up, wrong sides together, starting with the inner leg seam.
Like many of my sewing projects, my first attempt was not great. I cut the legs waaaaaay too wide. It looked like I was wearing a weird pajama, maxi skirt, culotte thing. I didn't realize this until I had the pants assembled. So I took them apart and started over in order to make a pair that fit a bit more tailored.
I am standing on a step stool because I thought I would take the picture in the bathroom mirror. It didn't work out, so I angled the camera down and forget to step off before I took the photo.
I really like the way they turned out. They are a bit low rise, which I like, and kind of tailored so it doesn't look like I have a load in the back of my pants. The fabric has some stretch to it and is really comfy. The best part is they are long. I love them and can't wait to make some more!