Thursday, November 14, 2013

Potty Training Like A Boss



























I hate potty training. To date, it is the worst part of parenting. I had such a rough experience training Beatrice, I was not in a hurry to put Penelope on the potty. When she turned 2, I stuck my fingers in my ears and said "la la la la la la la la la" to anyone that asked when I would start potty training her. The timing was never right, she didn't seem ready, and I certainly was not eager to commence pee-mageddon 2013, so I ignored that nagging voice inside that said it was time.

A few weeks ago, JD kindly reminded me of holiday plans, family visits, and other obligations ahead of us. If I ever wanted Penelope out of diapers, I had to do it now.


























So we did it. I didn't use a particular method, I just put her in panties and had her sit on the potty every 45 minutes. The first day was terrible, Penelope never peed once on the potty. The next day she had equal accidents and successes. And on the third day, she had it. Three days and she was completely potty trained. I am still shocked!

It's been 3 weeks and she has only had 2 accidents since the first 2 days. We've been to Disneyland for 9 hours, all over Los Angeles and Orange County, and on many other adventures without any accidents. She tells us when she needs to go and she's not afraid of public restrooms. It's been a breeze training this girl.

I am so proud of this tiny girl. She owns the potty! Good job, Penelope!

1 comment:

  1. whoo hoo! way to go little gal! sometimes i think the "unknown" for us as parents is so much worse than what are babies are capable of. let the holidays commence!!!

    ReplyDelete